The following sections of the International Fuel Gas Code shall constitute the fuel gas materials and methods requirements for Level 1 alterations.
- All of Chapter 3, entitled "General Regulations ," except Sections 303.7 and 306.
- All of Chapter 4, entitled "Gas Piping Installations,"
except Sections 401.8 and 402.3.
- Sections 401.8 and 402.3 shall apply when the work being performed increases the load on the system such that the existing pipe does not meet the size required by code. Existing systems that are modified shall not require resizing as long as the load on the system is not increased and the system length is not increased even if the altered system does not meet code minimums.
- All of Chapter 5, entitled "Chimneys and Vents."
- All of Chapter 6, entitled "Specific Appliances."