220.127.116.11.2 Internal Inspection and Tests
(a) Machinery Space (Items 8.1 and 10.1)
(1) access (18.104.22.168 or 6.27.3)
(2) lighting (22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199)
(3) receptacle (188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206) [NFPA 70 Section 620—21(b)]
(4) guards (220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168)
(5) Verify that the connection and restraints between the truss and the building structure comply with seismic risk zone requirements (Items 8.16 and 10.17).
(1) wiring (6.17.4 or 22.214.171.124)
(2) Control. The person or firm installing the escalator or moving walk shall provide a manufacturer's written procedure and demonstrate compliance with redundancy and software checking of control and operating circuits (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52). Where there are no test or check requirements, the written checklist shall state "No test or check required." The documentation shall state the reason no test or check is required.
The following shall be documented or demonstrated:
(4) brake data plate [184.108.40.206.1(d)]
(5) main driveshaft brake (220.127.116.11.2)
(e) Speed Governor. The mechanical speed governor, if required, shall be tested by manually operating the trip mechanism. Check the tripping speed for compliance with 18.104.22.168.2 or 22.214.171.124.2. The means of adjustment shall be sealed and a tag indicating the date of the governor test, together with the name of the person or firm that performed the test, shall be attached to the governor in a permanent manner (126.96.36.199.2 and 188.8.131.52.2) (Items 8.5 and 10.5).
(f) Broken Drive-Chain Device. Operation of the broken drive-chain device, on the drive chain, shall be tested by manually operating the actuating mechanism (184.108.40.206.4, 220.127.116.11.2, 18.104.22.168.4, 22.214.171.124.2, 126.96.36.199.10, and 188.8.131.52.8) (Items 8.6 and 10.6).
(g) Reversal Stop Switch. The reversal stop switch (to prevent reversal when operating in the ascending direction) shall be tested by manually operating it to determine that it functions properly (184.108.40.206.8 or 220.127.116.11.7 and 18.104.22.168.8) (Items 8.7 and 10.7).
If the device cannot be manually operated, the person or firm installing the equipment shall provide a written checkout procedure and demonstrate the device complies with 22.214.171.124.8 or 126.96.36.199.
(i) Step Upthrust Device. The operation of the step upthrust device shall be tested by manually causing the device to operate (188.8.131.52.9) (Item 8.9).
(j) Missing Step or Pallet Device. The missing step or pallet device shall be tested by removing a step or pallet and verifying that the device will properly function (184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11) (Items 8.10 and 10.10).
(k) Step or Pallet Level Device. The step or pallet level device shall be tested by simulating an out-of-level step or pallet and verifying that the device functions properly (18.104.22.168.11 or 22.214.171.124.9) (Items 8.11 and 10.11).
(l) Steps, Pallet, Step or Pallet Chain, and Trusses. The steps, pallet, step or pallet chain, trusses, tracks, and supports shall be visually inspected. Verify that the tracking system will prevent displacement of the step and pallets if the chain breaks (Items 8.12 and 10.12).
(2) trusses and tracks
(-a) trusses (126.96.36.199)
(-b) tracks (188.8.131.52)
(-c) welding (184.108.40.206)
(-a) slider bed [220.127.116.11(a)]
(-b) roller bed [18.104.22.168(b)]
(m) Handrail Speed Monitor. The handrails operating mechanism shall be visually inspected for condition and the handrail speed monitor device shall be tested (22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199) (Items 8.13 and 10.13).
(p) Code Data Plate (Section 8.9) (Items 8.14 and 10.14)
(q) Comb-Step or Comb-Pallet Impact Device. The comb-step or comb-pallet impact devices shall be tested in both the vertical and horizontal directions by placing a vertical and horizontal force on the comb step or comb pallet to cause operation of the device. The vertical and horizontal tests shall be independent of each other. The horizontal force shall be applied at the front edge center and both sides in the direction of travel. The vertical force shall be applied at the front edge center. Both the vertical and horizontal forces required to operate the device shall be recorded (188.8.131.52.13 and 184.108.40.206.11) (Items 7.7 and 9.7).
(r) Where a step lateral displacement device is required, it shall be tested for conformance with 220.127.116.11.14.
(w) Verify that the balustrades are installed as shown on the manufacturer's drawing for seismic requirements [Item 7.20.3(a)].