702.1 Installer Training
HVAC system installers shall be trained and certified in the proper installation of HVAC systems including ducts and equipment by a nationally or regionally recognized training or certification program. Uncertified persons may perform HVAC installations when under the direct supervision and responsibility of a person trained and certified to install HVAC systems or contractor licensed to install HVAC systems. Examples of acceptable HVAC training and certification programs include but are not limited to the following:
- State certified apprenticeship programs.
- Public utility training programs.
- Training programs sponsored by trade, labor or statewide energy consulting or verification organizations.
- Programs sponsored by manufacturing organizations.
- Other programs acceptable to the enforcing agency.