[F] 4126.96.36.199 Installations in Corridors and Above Other Occupancies
The installation of HPM piping and tubing within the space defined by the walls of corridors and the floor or roof above, or in concealed spaces above other occupancies, shall be in accordance with Sections 4188.8.131.52 through 4184.108.40.206 and the following conditions:
- Automatic sprinklers shall be installed within the space unless the space is less than 6 inches (152 mm) in the least dimension.
- Ventilation not less than six air changes per hour shall be provided. The space shall not be used to convey air from any other area.
- Where the piping or tubing is used to transport HPM liquids, a receptor shall be installed below such piping or tubing. The receptor shall be designed to collect any discharge or leakage and drain it to an approved location. The 1-hour enclosure shall not be used as part of the receptor.
- HPM supply piping and tubing and nonmetallic waste lines shall be separated from the corridor and from occupancies other than Group H-5 by fire barriers or by an approved method or assembly that has a fire-resistance rating of not less than 1 hour. Access openings into the enclosure shall be protected by approved fire-protection-rated assemblies.
- Readily accessible manual or automatic remotely activated fail-safe emergency shutoff valves shall be installed on piping and tubing other than waste lines at the following locations: