5.9 Inspection and Verification
Fenestration and doors shall be inspected to ensure compliance with the requirements of Sections 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52. Where testing is required to demonstrate compliance with the air leakage requirements, it shall be conducted by an independent third party. Operation of the door and closer or operating mechanism shall be inspected for conformance with the manufacturer's instructions, and that the seals or gaskets are installed and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Where there is a loading dock, weatherseals shall be inspected for proper installation and to ensure that the seals are in good condition.
- Skylights size and location in relation to the designed primary sidelighted area and secondary lighted area below.
- Roof monitor size and location in relation to the designed primary sidelighted area and secondary lighted area areas below.
- Dynamic glazing compliance with SHGC and U-factor in accordance with Sections 184.108.40.206.1 and 220.127.116.11.2, and testing of the operation for conformance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Permanent fenestration projections installation and performance in accordance with Section 18.104.22.168.1 and the construction documents.
Air leakage verification shall be determined in accordance with one of the following methods:
- An air barrier design and installation verification program shall be implemented and shall include the following elements:
- A design review shall be conducted to assess compliance with the requirements in Sections 22.214.171.124.1, 126.96.36.199.2, and the applicable portions of Section 188.8.131.52.3.
- Periodic field inspection of continuous air barrier components and assemblies shall be conducted during construction while the air barrier is still accessible for inspection and repair to verify compliance with the requirements of Sections 184.108.40.206.1, 220.127.116.11.2, and the applicable portions of Section 18.104.22.168.3.
- Reporting shall be in compliance with Section 4.2.5.
- A whole-building air leakage verification program shall be implemented and shall include the following elements: