// CODE SNIPPET
8.8* Inspection and Testing of Door Assemblies
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Doors, other than those listed in 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.1, that are required to be self-closing or automatic closing shall comply with all of the following:
- Door assemblies shall be inspected annually.
- Doors shall be operated to confirm full closure.
- Parts found to be damaged or inoperative shall be replaced.
- Door openings and the surrounding areas shall be kept clear of anything that could obstruct or interfere with the free operation of the door.
- Blocking or wedging of doors in the open position shall be prohibited.
- Self-closing and automatic-closing devices shall be kept in working condition at all times.
Related Code Sections
8.8* Features of Fire Protection, Inspection and Testing of Door Assemblies
of the following: Door assemblies shall be inspected annually. Doors shall be operated to confirm full closure. Parts found to be damaged or inoperative ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 8 Features of Fire Protection > 8.8* Inspection and Testing of Door Assemblies
220.127.116.11 Means of Egress, Inspection of Door Openings
Where required by Chapters 11 through 43, the following door assemblies shall be inspected and tested not less than annually in accordance ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 7 Means of Egress > 7.2 Means of Egress Components > 7.2.1 Door Openings > 18.104.22.168 Inspection of Door Openings
22.214.171.124* Features of Fire Protection, Fire Doors
Fire door assemblies shall be installed, inspected, tested, and maintained in accordance with NFPA 80 ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Kansas > 8 Features of Fire Protection > 8.3 Fire Barriers > 8.3.3 Opening Protectives > 126.96.36.199* Fire Doors
1709.5.1 Special Inspections and Tests, Exterior Windows and Doors
Exterior windows and sliding doors shall be tested and labeled as conforming to AAMA/WDMA/CSA101/I.S.2/A440. The label shall state the name ...
Building Code 2018 of Kansas > 17 Special Inspections and Tests > 1709 Preconstruction Load Tests > 1709.5 Exterior Window and Door Assemblies > 1709.5.1 Exterior Windows and Doors