A5.504.1 Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) During Construction
Provide temporary ventilation during construction in accordance with Section 120.1 (Requirements for Ventilation) of the California Energy Code, CCR, Title 24, Part 6 and Chapter 4 of CCR, Title 8 and as follows:
- Ventilation during construction shall be achieved through openings in the building shell using fans to produce a minimum of three air changes per hour.
- If the building is occupied during demolition or construction, meet or exceed the recommended Control Measures of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA) IAQ Guidelines for Occupied Buildings under Construction, 1995, Chapter 3.
Employ additional measures as follows:
- When using generators to generate temporary power, use generators meeting the requirements of CCR, Title 13, Chapter 9 or local ordinance, whichever is more stringent.
- Protect on-site absorbent materials from moisture. Remove and replace any materials with evidence of mold, mildew or moisture infiltration.
- Store odorous and high VOC-emitting materials off-site, without packaging, for a sufficient period to allow odors and VOCs to disperse.
- When possible, once materials are on the jobsite, install odorous and high VOC-emitting materials prior to those that are porous or fibrous.
- Clean oil and dust from ducts prior to use.