Each bathroom shall be mechanically ventilated and shall comply with the following:
- Fans shall be ENERGY STAR compliant and be ducted to terminate outside the building.
- Humidity controls shall be capable of adjustment between a relative humidity range of ≤ 50 percent to a maximum of 80 percent. A humidity control may utilize manual or automatic means of adjustment.
- A humidity control may be a separate component to the exhaust fan and is not required to be integral (i.e., built-in).
- For the purposes of this section, a bathroom is a room which contains a bathtub, shower, or tub/ shower combination.
- Lighting integral to bathroom exhaust fans shall comply with the California Energy Code.