Section 915 In-Building Emergency Communications Coverage
For localities utilizing public safety wireless communications, dedicated infrastructure to accommodate and perpetuate continuous in-building emergency communication equipment to allow emergency public safety personnel to send and receive emergency communications shall be provided in new buildings and structures in accordance with this section.
- Buildings of Use Groups A-5, I-4, within dwelling units of R-2, R-3, R-4, R-5, and U.
- Buildings of Types IV and V construction without basements, that are not considered unlimited area buildings in accordance with Section 507.
- Above grade single story buildings of less than 20,000 square feet (1858 m2).
- Buildings or leased spaces occupied by federal, state, or local governments, or the contractors thereof, with security requirements where the building official has approved an alternative method to provide emergency communication equipment for emergency public safety personnel.
- Where the owner provides technological documentation from a qualified individual that the structure or portion thereof does not impede emergency communication signals.