// CODE SNIPPET
188.8.131.52* Identification of Contents
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
A fire extinguisher shall have a label, tag, or stencil attached to it providing the following information:
- The content's product name as it appears on the manufacturer's Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Listing of the hazardous material identification in accordance with Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS), Implementation Manual [in Canada, Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)] developed by the National Paint and Coatings Association
- List of any hazardous materials that are in excess of 1.0 percent of the contents
- List of each chemical in excess of 5.0 percent of the contents
- Information as to what is hazardous about the agent in accordance with the MSDS
- Manufacturer's or service agency's name, mailing address, and phone number
Related Code Sections
184.108.40.206* Fire Protection Systems, Identification of Contents
as it appears on the manufacturer's Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Listing of the hazardous material identification in accordance with Hazardous Materials ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 13 Fire Protection Systems > 13.6 Portable Fire Extinguishers > 13.6.1 General Requirements > 220.127.116.11* Identification of Contents
18.104.22.168 Compressed Gases and Cryogenic Fluids, Identification of Contents
Stationary containers shall be placarded with the identity of their contents to indicate the name of the material contained. [ 55: 8.4.2] ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 63 Compressed Gases and Cryogenic Fluids > 63.4 Cryogenic Fluids > 63.4.4 Marking > 22.214.171.124 Identification of Contents
126.96.36.199.3 Flammable and Combustible Liquids,
to, the identification of all tanks by location, contents, size, and hazard identification as required in 188.8.131.52.1. [ 30: 184.108.40.206] ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 66 Flammable and Combustible Liquids > 66.21 Storage of Liquids in Tanks — Requirements for All Storage Tanks > 66.21.6 Fire Prevention and Control > 220.127.116.11 Emergency Planning and Training > 18.104.22.168.3
606.7 Water Supply and Distribution, Labeling of Water Distribution Pipes in Bundles
pipe labels. The identification shall indicate the pipe contents and the direction of flow in the pipe. The interval of the identification markings ...
Plumbing Code 2015 of West Virginia > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 606 Installation of the Building Water Distribution System > 606.7 Labeling of Water Distribution Pipes in Bundles
P2901.2.2 Water Supply and Distribution, Distribution Pipe Labeling and Marking
WATER— DO NOT DRINK" or the piping shall be installed with a purple identification tape or wrap. Pipe identification shall include the contents ...
Residential Code 2015 of West Virginia > 29 Water Supply and Distribution > P2901 General > P2901.2 Identification of Nonpotable Water Systems > P2901.2.2 Distribution Pipe Labeling and Marking