// CODE SNIPPET
Section 3510 Hot Work on Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage Tanks
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- Use alternative methods to avoid hot work where possible.
- Analyze the hazards prior to performing hot work, identify the potential hazards and the methods of hazard control.
- Hot work shall conform to the requirements of the code or standard to which the container was originally fabricated.
- Test the immediate and surrounding work area with a combustible gas detector and provide for a means of continuing monitoring while conducting the hot work.
- Qualified employees and contractors performing hot work shall use an industry-approved hot work permit system to control the work.
- Personnel shall be properly trained on hot work policies and procedures regarding equipment, safety, hazard controls and job-specific requirements.
- On-site safety supervision shall be present where hot work is in progress to protect the personnel conducting the hot work and provide additional overview of site-specific hazards.
Related Code Sections
Section 3510 Welding and Other Hot Work, Hot Work on Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage Tanks
Hot work performed on the interior or exterior of tanks that hold or have held flammable or combustible liquids shall be in accordance ...
Fire Code 2018 of Kansas > 35 Welding and Other Hot Work > 3510 Hot Work on Flammable and Combustible Liquid Storage Tanks
3504.1.7 Welding and Other Hot Work, Precautions in Hot Work
is to be conducted by approved personnel. Hot work on flammable and combustible liquid storage tanks shall be conducted in accordance with Section ...
Fire Code 2018 of Kansas > 35 Welding and Other Hot Work > 3504 Fire Safety Requirements > 3504.1 Protection of Combustibles > 3504.1.7 Precautions in Hot Work
5704.2.4 Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Sources of Ignition
Smoking and open flames are prohibited in storage areas in accordance with Section 5003.7. Exception: Areas designated as smoking and hot work ...
Fire Code 2018 of Kansas > 57 Flammable and Combustible Liquids > 5704 Storage > 5704.2 Tank Storage > 5704.2.4 Sources of Ignition
Section 5704 Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Storage
The storage of flammable and combustible liquids in containers and tanks shall be in accordance with this section and the applicable sections ...
2903.9 Manufacture of Organic Coatings, Tank Maintenance
The cleaning of tanks and vessels that have contained flammable or combustible liquids shall be performed under the supervision of persons ...
Fire Code 2018 of Kansas > 29 Manufacture of Organic Coatings > 2903 General Precautions > 2903.9 Tank Maintenance