// CODE SNIPPET
804.3.4 Horizontal Terminations
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Horizontal terminations shall comply with the following requirements:
- Where located adjacent to walkways, the termination of mechanical draft systems shall be not less than 7 feet (2134 mm) above the level of the walk-way.
- Vents shall terminate not less than 3 feet (914 mm) above any forced air inlet located within 10 feet (3048 mm).
- The vent system shall terminate not less than 4 feet (1219 mm) below, 4 feet (1219 mm) horizontally from or 1 foot (305 mm) above any door, window or gravity air inlet into the building.
- The vent termination point shall not be located closer than 3 feet (914 mm) to an interior corner formed by two walls perpendicular to each other.
- The vent termination shall not be mounted directly above or within 3 feet (914 mm) horizontally from an oil tank vent or gas meter.
- The bottom of the vent termination shall be located not less than 12 inches (305 mm) above finished grade.
Related Code Sections
804.3.4 Chimneys and Vents, Horizontal Terminations
Horizontal terminations shall comply with the following requirements: Where located adjacent to walkways, the termination of mechanical draft ...
Mechanical Code 2018 of Maryland > 8 Chimneys and Vents > 804 Direct-Vent, Integral Vent and Mechanical Draft Systems > 804.3 Mechanical Draft Systems > 804.3.4 Horizontal Terminations
802.9 Chimneys and Vents, Door Swing
Appliance and equipment vent terminals shall be located such that doors cannot swing within 12 inches (305 mm) horizontally of the vent terminals ...
184.108.40.206.4 Means of Egress,
Where fire barriers serving horizontal exits, other than existing horizontal exits, terminate at outside walls, and the outside walls are at an angle ...
Life Safety Code 2018 of Maryland > 7 Means of Egress > 7.2 Means of Egress Components > 7.2.4 Horizontal Exits > 220.127.116.11 Fire Barriers > 18.104.22.168.4