Article 353 High Density Polyethylene Conduit: Type HDPE Conduit
- In discrete lengths or in continuous lengths from a reel
- In locations subject to severe corrosive influences as covered in 300.6 and where subject to chemicals for which the conduit is listed
- In cinder fill
- In direct burial installations in earth or concrete
- Above ground, except as prohibited in 353.12, where encased in not less than 50 mm (2 in.) of concrete.
- Conductors or cables rated at a temperature higher than the listed temperature rating of HDPE conduit shall be permitted to be installed in HDPE conduit, provided the conductors or cables are not operated at a temperature higher than the listed temperature rating of the HDPE conduit.
- Where exposed
- Within a building
- In any hazardous (classified) location, except as permitted by other articles in this Code
- Where subject to ambient temperatures in excess of 50°C (122°F) unless listed otherwise
Informational Note: The trade sizes and metric designators are for identification purposes only and do not relate to actual dimensions. See 300.1(C).
Cables shall be permitted to be installed where such use is not prohibited by the respective cable articles. The number of cables shall not exceed the allowable percentage fill specified in Table 1, Chapter 9.
Informational Note: See 300.4(G) for the protection of conductors 4 AWG and larger at bushings.