// CODE SNIPPET
Section 1110 Helicopter Lift Operations
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The owner or operator of the helicopter used to conduct the lift operation shall make application to the department for a permit at least 20 calendar days prior to the proposed lift operation. The permit application shall be on such form and include such information and documentation as the commissioner may require, including the following:
- A site map of the area in which the lifting operation is proposed to be conducted.
- Proof of a liability and casualty insurance policy in an amount to be determined by the commissioner but not less than five million dollars. Such insurance policy shall cover the permit holder and the permit holder's employees, agents and contractors from any loss, damage or injury to persons or property by reason of the conduct of the lift operation, or the failure to comply with any requirement of this chapter or the rules, or the terms and conditions of the permit.
- A copy of the pilot's license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- A copy of the aircraft's airworthiness certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- An affidavit of the property owner authorizing the helicopter lift operation on their property.
It shall be unlawful to fuel helicopters in the staging or discharge area.
An adequate supply of water shall be provided at the location where lifting operations are conducted. When the discharge area or other area of the lifting operation requires the use of a fire pump or other auxiliary equipment to augment the water supply, such equipment shall be under the personal supervision of a certificate of fitness holder.
An air foam nozzle, pick-up tube and a minimum of 5 gallons (19 L) of foam, suitable for the fuel hazard presented, shall be available on site.
Radio and/or other two-way wireless communication shall be maintained between the helicopter pilot and the ground at all times during the lift operation. The department representatives monitoring the lifting operation shall be provided with the ability to monitor such communications.
Related Code Sections
§27-562 Loads, Moving Loads
weight. To allow for impact, the lifted load shall be increased ten per cent for hand-operated and twenty-five per cent electrically-operated trolleys ...
412.5.2 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy, Definitions
An area of land or water or a structural surface that is designed or used for the landing and taking off of helicopters, and any appurtenant areas ...
NYC Building Code 2008 > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy > 412 Aircraft-Related Occupancies > 412.5 Heliports and Helistops > 412.5.2 Definitions
1109.7 Accessibility, Lifts
Platform (wheelchair) lifts shall not be a part of a required accessible route in new construction except as indicated in Items 1 through 6. Platform ...
1109.7 Accessibility, Lifts
Platform (wheelchair) lifts shall not be a part of a required accessible route in new construction except as indicated in Items 1 through 9. Platform ...
Article *424 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work, Lift Director Registration
of the following tasks unless a lift director is present at the site during all times when: The crane or derrick is picking a load; The crane ...
NYC General Admin. Provisions 2014 > 4 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work > *424 Lift Director Registration