// CODE SNIPPET
Section 1109 Helicopter Landing Operations
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The owner or operator of the helicopter conducting the helicopter landing operation shall make a permit application to the department at least 20 calendar days prior to the proposed landing. The permit applications shall be on such form and include such information and documentation as the commissioner may require, including the following:
- A site map of the area in which the helicopter landing operation is proposed to be conducted.
- Proof of a liability and casualty insurance policy in an amount to be determined by the commissioner but not less than two million dollars. Such insurance policy shall cover the permit holder and the permit holder's employees, agents and contractors for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property by reason of the conduct of the helicopter landing operation, or the failure to comply with any requirement of this chapter or the rules, or the terms and conditions of the permit.
- A copy of the pilot's license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- A copy of the aircraft's airworthiness certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- An affidavit of the property owner authorizing the helicopter landing operation on their property.