142-44 Height and Setback for Shoreline Adjacent Lots in Subarea A3
In Subarea A3, as shown on Map 1 (Special Inwood District — Subdistricts and Subareas) in the Appendix to this Chapter, for shoreline adjacent lots, the height and setback regulations of this Section shall apply:
(a) Base along West 207th Street and Ninth Avenue
Along the West 207th Street and Ninth Avenue frontages, all buildings shall have a minimum base height of 60 feet, or the height of the building, whichever is less, and a maximum base height of 105 feet. The street wall location requirements of paragraph (a)(1) and (2) of Section 35-651 shall apply along both streets. The boundary of any easement required for a street or sidewalk widening pursuant to Section 142-64 shall be considered the street line for the purpose of this Section.
At a height not lower than the minimum base height nor higher than the maximum base height, a setback with a minimum depth of 10 feet shall be provided from the street wall of the base. The provisions of paragraphs (c)(2) through (c)(4) of Section 23-662 (Maximum height of buildings and setback regulations) shall apply to such setbacks.
(b) Within 70 feet of the shoreline
Within 70 feet of the shoreline, the maximum building height shall be 85 feet.
(c) Within 30 feet of former West 208th Street
Within 30 feet of Former West 208th Street, as shown on Map 1 in the Appendix to this Chapter, the height of a building along 30 percent of the length of a zoning lot, as measured along the former extent of West 208th Street, shall not exceed 30 feet, and the height of the remaining 70 percent may rise to a maximum height of 85 feet.
(d) Maximum building height
Within the portion of the zoning lot that is beyond 100 feet of West 207th Street, the maximum building height shall be limited to 145 feet. Within the portion of the zoning lot that is within 100 feet of West 207th Street, the maximum building height shall be 175 feet, except where towers are provided in accordance with paragraph (e) of this Section.
(e) Optional tower regulations
For zoning lots that have a lot area of more than one acre, a "tower" shall be permitted above a height of 175 feet within the portion of the zoning lot that is within 100 feet of West 207th Street, provided that:
(1) the gross area of any story shall not exceed 10,000 square feet, except that any dormers provided within the setback area shall not be included in such gross area;
(2) the gross area of any story above 255 feet shall not exceed 90 percent of the gross area of the highest story that is located entirely below a height of 255 feet; and
(3) The maximum height of such tower shall not exceed 295 feet.