// CODE SNIPPET
222.214.171.124 Gypsum Board Panel Sheathing
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Cold-formed steel framed wall systems, sheathed with gypsum board, are permitted to resist horizontal forces produced by wind or seismic loads subject to the following:
1. Nominal shear values, used to establish the allowable shear value or design strength value, are given in Table 2211.2(2).
2. The shear values listed in Table 2211.2(2) shall not be cumulative with the shear values of other materials applied to the same wall unless otherwise permitted herein.
3. The nominal shear values shown are for gypsum board that is applied to both sides of the wall.
4. Where gypsum board is only applied to one side of the wall, the nominal shear values shall be taken as one-half of the value shown.
5. Where gypsum board is applied perpendicular to studs, end joints of adjacent courses of gypsum board sheets shall not occur over the same stud.
6. Screws used to attach gypsum board shall be a minimum No. 6 in accordance with ASTM C 954.
Related Code Sections
2126.96.36.199 Steel, Gypsum Board Panel Sheathing
Cold-formed steel framed wall systems, sheathed with gypsum board, are permitted to resist horizontal forces produced by wind or seismic loads ...
NYC Building Code 2008 > 22 Steel > 2211 Cold-Formed Steel Light-Framed Shear Walls > 2211.2 Type I Shear Walls > 2211.2.2 Limitations for Systems > 2188.8.131.52 Gypsum Board Panel Sheathing
2305.3.8 Wood, Summing Shear Capacities
on opposite faces, fiberboard structural sheathing and gypsum wall board on opposite faces or hardboard panel siding and gypsum wallboard on opposite ...
NYC Building Code 2008 > 23 Wood > 2305 General Design Requirements for Lateral-Force-Resisting Systems > 2305.3 Design of Wood Shear Walls > 2305.3.8 Summing Shear Capacities
2506.2 Gypsum Board and Plaster, Standards
Exterior soffit board ASTM C 931 Fiber-reinforced gypsum panels ASTM C 1278 Glass mat gypsum backing panel ASTM C 1178 ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 25 Gypsum Board and Plaster > 2506 Gypsum Board Materials > 2506.2 Standards
2308.12.4 Wood, Braced Wall Line Sheathing
not exceed 2:1 and design for uplift is required. b. G-P = gypsum board, fiberboard, particleboard, lath and plaster or gypsum sheathing boards ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 23 Wood > 2308 Conventional Light-Frame Construction > 2308.12 Additional Requirements for Conventional Construction in Seismic Design Category D > 2308.12.4 Braced Wall Line Sheathing
1505.7 Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures, Special Purpose Roofs
In addition, an underlayment of 0.625 inch (15.9 mm) Type X water-resistant gypsum backing board or gypsum sheathing shall be placed under minimum ...
NYC Building Code 2008 > 15 Roof Assemblies and Rooftop Structures > 1505 Fire Classification > 1505.7 Special Purpose Roofs