Upon discovery of a fire or suspected fire, hotel and motel employees shall perform the following duties:
- Activate the fire alarm system, where provided.
- Notify the public fire department.
- Take other action as previously instructed.
The Chancellor, President, or his designated representative, shall, in cooperation with the enforcing agency, propose procedures to be followed in case of fire or other emergency. They should include the following:
- Posting the telephone number of the fire department in the office and/or at the main switchboard.
- Assignment of a responsible person to call the fire department upon notification of any fire or activation of the alarm system for any reason other than fire drills.
- Posting in a conspicuous place in each classroom or assembly area a plan showing paths of travel to evacuate the room in case of emergency and including an alternate route.
- 4.1. Maintaining order during evacuation.
- 4.2. Removal of roll call book and calling of roll when designated evacuation area is reached.
Emergency evacuation drills shall involve the actual evacuation of residents to a selected assembly point and shall provide residents with experience in exiting through all required exits. All required exits shall be used during emergency evacuation drills.
Exception: Actual exiting from emergency escape and rescue windows shall not be required. Opening the emergency escape and rescue window and signaling for help shall be an acceptable alternative.