// CODE SNIPPET
503.2.4.2 Group R-3 Occupancies Set Back More Than 100-150 Feet
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The fire apparatus access road to a Group R-3 building with any main front entrance located more than 100 feet (30 480 mm) but not more than 150 feet (45 720 mm) from the street line (as measured along the route of the fire apparatus access road) shall be designed and constructed with an unobstructed width of not less than 20 feet (6096 mm) in accordance with FC503.2.2 where:
- The fire apparatus access road is designed and is used exclusively to provide access only to a single Group R-3 building, and to no other buildings; and
- The height of the Group R-3 building does not exceed 35 feet (10 668 mm) above the grade plane (with the terms "building height" and "grade plane" having the meanings set forth in Section 502.1 of the Building Code); and
- The fire apparatus access road provides access to the frontage space of each occupancy, except as otherwise provided in FC504.1.2; and
- The dwelling units are equipped with interconnected smoke alarms, in accordance with Section 907.2.10 of the Building Code; and
- The dwelling units are protected throughout by a sprinkler system; and
- At least two off-street parking spaces for a one-family dwelling, and at least three such spaces for a two-family dwelling are provided on the premises separate from the fire apparatus access road; and
- Parking is prohibited on the fire apparatus access road, and a "No Parking" sign conforming to the requirements of FC503.2.7.2 is conspicuously posted at the entrance to the access road.
Related Code Sections
415.6.1 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy, Group H Occupancy Minimum Fire Separation Distance
Group H-2 and H-3 occupancies shall be set back not less than 50 feet (15 240 mm) where a detached building is required ...
NYC Building Code 2022 > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy > 415 Groups H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4 and H-5 > 415.6 Fire Separation Distance > 415.6.1 Group H Occupancy Minimum Fire Separation Distance
1014.3 Means of Egress, Common Path of Egress Travel
not be more than 100 feet (30 480 mm). The length of a common path of egress travel in a Group I-3 occupancy shall not be more than 100 feet (30 ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 10 Means of Egress > 1014 Exit Access > 1014.3 Common Path of Egress Travel
1107.6 Accessibility, Group R
In Group R-3 occupancies where there are four or more dwelling units or sleeping units intended to be occupied as a residence ...
1107.6 Accessibility, Group R
in Group R-3 where there are four or more dwelling units or sleeping units intended to be occupied as a residence in a single structure, every ...
1006.2 Means of Egress, Egress From Spaces
, see Section 407.4. The length of common path of egress travel distance in a Group S-2 open parking garage shall be not more than 100 feet (30 480 ...
NYC Building Code 2022 > 10 Means of Egress > 1006 Number of Exits and Exit Access Doorways > 1006.2 Egress From Spaces