// CODE SNIPPET
3111F.6 Grounding and Bonding (N/E)
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- All electrical equipment shall be effectively grounded as per Article 250 of the California Electrical Code [11.2]. All noncurrent carrying metallic equipment, structures, piping and other elements shall also be effectively grounded.
- Grounding shall be considered in any active corrosion protection system for on-shore piping, submerged support structures or other systems. Insulation barriers, including flanges or nonconducting hoses shall be used to isolate cathodic protection systems from other electrical/static sources. None of these systems shall be compromised by grounding or bonding arrangements that may interconnect the corrosion protection systems or interfere with them in any way that would reduce their effectiveness.
- Bonding of vessels to the MOT structure is not permitted (2 CCR 2341) [11.7].
- Whenever flanges of pipelines with cathodic protection are to be opened for repair or other work, the flanges shall be bonded prior to separation.
- Direct wiring to ground shall be provided from all towers, loading arms or other high structures that are susceptible to lightning surges or strikes.
Related Code Sections
3111F.6 [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals, Grounding and Bonding (N/E)
be used to isolate cathodic protection systems from other electrical/static sources. None of these systems shall be compromised by grounding or bonding ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 31F [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals > 3111F Electrical Systems > 3111F.6 Grounding and Bonding (N/E)
3110F.4.2 [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals, Cranes (N/E)
not in use, crane booms shall be lowered to ground level or secured to a rest support against displacement by wind loads or other outside forces ...
Los Angeles Building Code > 31F [SLC] Marine Oil Terminals > 3110F Mechanical and Electrical Equipment > 3110F.4 Lifting Equipment: Winches and Cranes > 3110F.4.2 Cranes (N/E)
2104.2.4 Dry Cleaning, Bonding and Grounding
not inherently electrically conductive, shall be bonded together and grounded. Isolated equipment shall be grounded ...
2017 LA City Fire Code > 21 Dry Cleaning > 2104 General Requirements > 2104.2 Building Services > 2104.2.4 Bonding and Grounding
2106.3.4 Dry Cleaning, Bonding and Grounding
Metal scouring, brushing and spotting tables and scrubbing tubs shall be permanently and effectively bonded and grounded ...
2017 LA City Fire Code > 21 Dry Cleaning > 2106 Spotting and Pretreating > 2106.3 Class II and III Solvents > 2106.3.4 Bonding and Grounding
2308.8.1.2.4 Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages, Grounding and Bonding
The structure or appurtenance used for supporting the cylinder shall be grounded in accordance with the California Electrical Code . The cylinder ...
2017 LA City Fire Code > 23 Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages > 2308 Compressed Natural Gas Motor Fuel-Dispensing Facilities > 2308.8 Discharge of CNG From Motor Vehicle Fuel Storage Containers > 2308.8.1 Methods of Discharge > 2308.8.1.2 Atmospheric Venting > 2308.8.1.2.4 Grounding and Bonding