1803A.7 Geotechnical Reporting
Where geotechnical investigations are required, a written report of the investigations shall be submitted to the building official by the owner or authorized agent at the time of permit application. The geo-technical report shall provide completed evaluations of the foundation conditions of the site and the potential geologic/seismic hazards affecting the site. The geotechnical report shall include, but shall not be limited to, site-specific evaluations of design criteria related to the nature and extent of foundation materials, groundwater conditions, liquefaction potential, settlement potential and slope stability. The report shall contain the results of the analyses of problem areas identified in the geohazard report. The geotechnical report shall incorporate estimates of the characteristics of site ground motion provided in the geohazard report. This geo-technical report shall include, but need not be limited to, the following information:
- A plot showing the location of the soil investigations.
- A complete record of the soil boring and penetration test logs and soil samples.
- A record of the soil profile.
- Elevation of the water table, if encountered. Historic high ground water elevations shall be addressed in the report to adequately evaluate liquefaction and settlement potential.
- Recommendations for foundation type and design criteria, including but not limited to: bearing capacity of natural or compacted soil; provisions to mitigate the effects of expansive soils; mitigation of the effects of liquefaction, differential settlement and varying soil strength; and the effects of adjacent loads.
- Expected total and differential settlement.
- Deep foundation information in accordance with Section 1803A.5.5.
- Special design and construction provisions for foundations of structures founded on expansive soils, as necessary.
- Compacted fill material properties and testing in accordance with Section 1803A.5.8.
- Controlled low-strength material properties and testing in accordance with Section 1803A.5.9.
- The report shall consider the effects of stepped footings addressed in Section 1809A.3.
- The report shall consider the effects of seismic hazards in accordance with Section 1803A.6 and shall incorporate the associated geohazard report.