// CODE SNIPPET
(A) General Uses
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Type MC cable shall be permitted as follows:
- For services, feeders, and branch circuits.
- For power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
- Indoors or outdoors.
- Exposed or concealed.
- To be direct buried where identified for such use.
- In cable tray where identified for such use.
- In any raceway.
- As aerial cable on a messenger.
- In hazardous (classified) locations where specifically permitted by other articles in this Code.
- In dry locations and embedded in plaster finish on brick or other masonry except in damp or wet locations.
- In wet locations where a corrosion-resistant jacket is provided over the metallic covering and any of the following conditions are met:
- Where single-conductor cables are used, all phase conductors and, where used, the grounded conductor shall be grouped together to minimize induced voltage on the sheath.
Related Code Sections
(A) Wiring Methods and Materials, General Uses
Indoors or outdoors. Exposed or concealed. To be direct buried where identified for such use. In cable tray where identified for such use. In ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 330 Metal-Clad Cable: Type MC > 330.10 Uses Permitted > (A) General Uses
(1) Special Equipment, General Use
CL2 or CL3, PLTC, or any listed applicable cable for general use shall be installed within and on buildings or structures ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 6 Special Equipment > 600 Electric Signs and Outline Lighting > 600.33 Class 2 Sign Illumination Systems, Secondary Wiring > (A) Insulation and Sizing of Class 2 Conductors > (1) General Use
Chapter 4 Equipment for General Use
(C) Equipment for General Use, General-Use Switches
Knife switches of ratings less than specified in 404.13(A) and (B) shall be considered general-use switches. Informational Note: See the definition ...
National Electrical Code 2020 of Minnesota > 4 Equipment for General Use > 404 Switches > 404.13 Knife Switches > (C) General-Use Switches