93-764 General Requirements for the Connector
A publicly accessible connection (henceforth referred to as the "Connector"), shall be provided between the West 32nd Street Extension and the West 31st Street Extension.
(a) General purpose
The Connector is intended to serve the following purposes:
(1) to serve as a connection between the West 32nd Street Extension and the West 31st Street Extension;
(2) to provide a space that complements the surrounding publicly accessible open spaces; and
(3) to provide an emergency egress connector pursuant to Fire Department standards.
(b) Location and dimensions
The western street line of the Connector shall be located a minimum of 225 feet east of the easterly street line of Twelfth Avenue, as shown on Map 3 (Subdistrict F: Public Access Area Plan) in Appendix B.
(c) Core elements
The Connector shall provide the following core elements:
(1) the Connector shall be constructed to minimum Fire Department standards for an emergency egress connection between the West 32nd Street Extension and the West 31st Street Extension, including, but not limited to, the width and materials of paved area, and permitted obstructions within such area; and
(2) the Connector shall not be located within 15 feet of a building.