[NY] 1206.11 General Installations Requirements
Where the energy storage system disconnecting means is not within sight of the main electrical service disconnecting means, placards or directories shall be installed at the location of the main electrical service disconnecting means indicating the location of stationary storage battery system disconnecting means, in accordance with NFPA 70.
Exception: Electrical disconnects for lead-acid and nickel-cadmium battery systems at facilities under the exclusive control of communications utilities and operating at less than 50 VAC and 60 VDC shall be permitted to have electrical disconnects signage in accordance with NFPA 76.
Approved signs shall be provided on or adjacent to all entry doors to energy storage system rooms or areas, to walk-in energy storage system units located outdoors, on rooftops, or in open parking garages, and on enclosures of energy storage system cabinets. Signs shall be designed to meet both the requirements of this section and of NFPA 70. The signage shall include the following or equivalent.
- "Energy Storage System," "Battery Storage System," "Capacitor Energy Storage System," or the equivalent.
- The identification of the electrochemical energy storage system technology present and its rated capacity.
- "Energized electrical circuits."
- If water reactive electrochemical energy storage systems are present the signage shall include "APPLY NO WATER."
- Current contact information, including phone number, for personnel with technical knowledge of the system who is authorized to service the equipment and for fire mitigation personnel required by Section 1206.7.1.
- Electrochemical energy storage systems located in occupied work centers shall be housed in locked noncombustible cabinets or other enclosures to prevent access by unauthorized personnel.
- Where electrochemical energy storage systems are contained in cabinets in occupied work centers, the cabinets shall be located within 10 feet (3048 mm) of the equipment that they support.
- Cabinets shall include signage complying with Section 1206.11.8.