G2427.6.4 (503.6.5) Gas Vent Terminations
A gas vent shall terminate in accordance with one of the following:
- Gas vents that are 12 inches (305 mm) or less in size and located not less than 8 feet (2438 mm) from a vertical wall or similar obstruction shall terminate above the roof in accordance with Figure G2427.6.4.
- Gas vents that are over 12 inches (305 mm) in size or are located less than 8 feet (2438 mm) from a vertical wall or similar obstruction shall terminate not less than 2 feet (610 mm) above the highest point where they pass through the roof and not less than 2 feet (610 mm) above any portion of a building within 10 feet (3048 mm) horizontally.
- As provided for direct-vent systems in Section G2427.2.1.
- As provided for appliances with integral vents in Section G2427.2.2.
- As provided for mechanical draft systems in Section G2427.3.3.
|ROOF SLOPE||H (minimum) ft|
|Flat to 6/12||1.0|
|Over 6/12 to 7/12||1.25|
|Over 7/12 to 8/12||1.5|
|Over 8/12 to 9/12||2.0|
|Over 9/12 to 10/12||2.5|
|Over 10/12 to 11/12||3.25|
|Over 11/12 to 12/12||4.0|
|Over 12/12 to 14/12||5.0|
|Over 14/12 to 16/12||6.0|
|Over 16/12 to 18/12||7.0|
|Over 18/12 to 20/12||7.5|
|Over 20/12 to 21/12||8.0|
For SI: 1 inch = 25.4 mm, 1 foot = 304.8 mm.
FIGURE G2427.6.4 (503.6.5)
TERMINATION LOCATIONS FOR GAS VENTS WITH LISTED CAPS 12 INCHES OR LESS IN SIZE NOT LESS THAN 8 FEET FROM A VERTICAL WALL