C408.3.1 Functional Testing
Where occupant sensor controls are provided, the following procedures shall be performed:
- Certify that the occupant sensor has been located and aimed in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- For projects with seven or fewer occupant sensors, each sensor shall be tested.
- 3.1. Where occupant sensor controls include status indicators, verify correct operation.
- 3.2. The controlled lights turn off or down to the permitted level within the required time.
- 3.3. For auto-on occupant sensor controls, the lights turn on to the permitted level when an occupant enters the space.
- 3.4. For manual-on occupant sensor controls, the lights turn on only when manually activated.
- 3.5. The lights are not incorrectly turned on by movement in adjacent areas or by HVAC operation.
Where time-switch controls are provided, the following procedures shall be performed:
- Confirm that the time-switch control is programmed with accurate weekday, weekend and holiday schedules.
- Provide documentation to the owner of time-switch controls programming including weekday, weekend, holiday schedules, and set-up and preference program settings.
- Verify the correct time and date in the time switch.
- Verify that any battery back-up is installed and energized.
- Verify that the override time limit is set to not more than 2 hours.
- 6.1. All lights can be turned on and off by their respective area control switch.
- 6.2. The switch only operates lighting in the enclosed space in which the switch is located.
- 7.1. Nonexempt lighting turns off.
- 7.2. Manual override switch allows only the lights in the enclosed space where the override switch is located to turn on or remain on until the next scheduled shutoff occurs.
- Additional testing as specified by the registered design professional.
Where daylight responsive controls are provided, the following shall be verified:
- Control devices have been properly located, field calibrated and set for accurate setpoints and threshold light levels.
- Daylight controlled lighting loads adjust to light level set points in response to available daylight.
- The locations of calibration adjustment equipment are readily accessible only to authorized personnel.