// CODE SNIPPET
106.5 Fuel-Burning and Fuel-Oil Storage Equipment Plans
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Construction documents for fuel-burning and fuel-oil storage equipment shall contain plans that include the following data and information:
- Diagrams of all distribution piping, including vent and fill piping for oil systems, and all safety cut-off and relief devices and valves in piping; indications of the sizes of distribution piping to be used and the fire-resistive ratings of the shafts or spaces containing distribution piping where required to be fire rated.
- Diagrammatic floor plans showing the size, location, material for all fuel oil and transfer distribution piping and related equipment.
- Floor plans or partial floor plans showing the location, layout, size, and listing information for all fuel-burning equipment, tanks, vents, and chimneys. The plans shall also indicate the method or means of providing air to the equipment space, including duct and opening sizes.
- Plans indicating the location and type of any relevant smoke and heat detectors, alarm and fire extinguishing systems.
- Seismic protection and restraint details for piping and equipment as required by Chapter 16 of the New York City Building Code.
- Details indicating the location, size and materials for all breechings; the thickness and type of insulation materials; and the clearances from combustible walls, partitions, and ceiling; and the fire-resistive ratings of rooms and spaces containing the equipment.
- Details describing the type, material, listing information, height, and termination distances to adjacent properties and structures for chimneys and vents.
- Details showing structural supports for fuel-burning equipment where required.
- A statement as to the kind or grade of fuel to be used.
- Plans indicating the location, arrangement, size, load, and maximum capacity of the burning, storage and fuel-pumping equipment.
- In areas of special flood hazards, construction documents shall comply with Appendix G of the New York City Building Code.