// CODE SNIPPET
A5.404.1.2 Framing Specifications
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Advanced framing techniques include the following:
- Building design using 2-foot modules;
- Spacing wall studs up to 24 inches on center;
- Spacing floor and roof framing members up to 24 inches on center;
- Using 2-stud corner framing and drywall clips or scrap lumber for drywall backing;
- Eliminating solid headers in non-load-bearing walls;
- Using in-line framing, aligning floor, wall and roof framing members vertically for direct transfer of loads; and
- Using single lumber headers and top plates where appropriate.
Note: Additional information can be obtained from the U.S. DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) website.