// CODE SNIPPET
408.5.1 Floor Openings
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
- The entire normally occupied areas so interconnected are open and unobstructed so as to enable observation of the areas by supervisory personnel.
- Means of egress capacity is sufficient for all occupants from all interconnected cell tiers and areas.
- The height difference between the floor levels of the highest and lowest cell tiers shall not exceed 23 feet (7010 mm).
- Egress from any portion of the cell tier to an exit or exit access door shall not require travel on more than one additional floor level within the housing unit.
Related Code Sections
408.5.1 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use, Floor Openings
Openings in floors within a housing unit are permitted without a shaft enclosure , provided that all of the following conditions are met: The ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use > 408 Group I-3 > 408.5 Protection of Vertical Openings > 408.5.1 Floor Openings
718.2.5 Fire and Smoke Protection Features, Ceiling and Floor Openings
, ducts, chimneys and fireplaces at ceilings and floor levels shall be installed with a material specifically tested in the form and manner intended for use ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 7 Fire and Smoke Protection Features > 718 Concealed Spaces > 718.2 Fireblocking > 718.2.5 Ceiling and Floor Openings
802.2.2 Alterations—Level 2, Supplemental Shaft and Floor Opening Enclosure Requirements
openings other than stairways throughout the floor. Exception: Vertical openings located in tenant spaces that are entirely outside the work area ...
Existing Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 8 Alterations—Level 2 > 802 Building Elements and Materials > 802.2 Vertical Openings > 802.2.2 Supplemental Shaft and Floor Opening Enclosure Requirements
419.4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use, Vertical Openings
Floor openings between floor levels of a live/work unit are permitted without enclosure ...
Building Code 2018 of Illinois > 4 Special Detailed Requirements Based on Occupancy and Use > 419 Live/Work Units > 419.4 Vertical Openings
(2) Wiring Methods and Materials, Floors
be installed around all floor openings for riser busways to prevent liquids from entering the opening. The curb shall be installed within 300 mm (12 ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of Illinois > 3 Wiring Methods and Materials > 368 Busways > 368.10 Uses Permitted > (C) Through Walls and Floors > (2) Floors