// CODE SNIPPET
A-305.2.1.3 Flood Protection
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
If any proposed construction or development is located entirely or partially within any identified floodplain area, in addition to the requirements of the Building or Residential Code, the construction documents shall provide all the necessary information in sufficient detail and clarity to enable the code official to determine that:
- all such proposals are consistent with the need to minimize flood damage and conform with the requirements of the technical codes;
- all utilities and facilities, such as sewer, gas, electrical and water systems, are located and constructed to minimize or eliminate flood damage;
- adequate drainage is provided to reduce exposure to flood hazards;
- structures will be anchored to prevent flotation, collapse, or lateral movement;
- building materials are flood-resistant;
- appropriate practices that minimize flood damage have been used; and
- electrical, heating, ventilation, plumbing, air conditioning equipment, and other service facilities have been designed and located to prevent water entry or accumulation.
Related Code Sections
A-305.2.1.3 Permits, Flood Protection
the code official to determine that: all such proposals are consistent with the need to minimize flood damage and conform with the requirements ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 3 Permits > A-305 Construction Documents > A-305.2 Contents > A-305.2.1 Building Permits > A-305.2.1.3 Flood Protection
A-103.5 General, Flood Protection Provisions
The degree of flood protection sought by the provisions of this code is considered reasonable for regulatory purposes and is based on accepted ...
A-701.3.3 Certificates and Approvals, Flood Protection Confirmation
Prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, the permit holder shall submit a Flood Elevation Certificate (or Floodproofing Certificate ...
Philadelphia Administrative Code > 7 Certificates and Approvals > A-701 Certificate of Occupancy > A-701.3 Issuance > A-701.3.3 Flood Protection Confirmation
801.2 Indirect/Special Waste, Protection
, processing, cooling, or storage of ice or foods, and that discharge to the drainage system, shall be provided with protection against backflow, flooding ...
3404.2.7.8 Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Locations Subject to Flooding
Where a tank is located in an area where it is subject to buoyancy because of a rise in the water table, flooding or accumulation of water from fire ...
Philadelphia Fire Code > 34 Flammable and Combustible Liquids > 3404 Storage > 3404.2 Tank Storage > 3404.2.7 Design, Construction and General Installation Requirements for Tanks > 3404.2.7.8 Locations Subject to Flooding