For structures located in flood hazard areas, the following systems and equipment shall be located and installed as required by Section 1612 of the International Building Code.
- Water service pipes.
- Pump seals in individual water supply systems where the pump is located below the design flood elevation.
- Covers on potable water wells shall be sealed, except where the top of the casing well or pipe sleeve is elevated to not less than 1 foot (305 mm) above the design flood elevation.
- Sanitary drainage piping.
- Storm drainage piping.
- Manhole covers shall be sealed, except where elevated to or above the design flood elevation.
- Other plumbing fixtures, faucets, fixture fittings, piping systems and equipment.
- Water heaters.
- Vents and vent systems.
Exception: The systems listed in this section are permitted to be located below the elevation required by Section 1612 of the International Building Code for utilities and attendant equipment, provided that the systems are designed and installed to prevent water from entering or accumulating within their components and the systems are constructed to resist hydrostatic and hydrodynamic loads and stresses, including the effects of buoyancy, during the occurrence of flooding up to such elevation.