22.214.171.124 Flexible Hydraulic Connections
(a) not be installed within the hoistway nor project into or through any wall. Installation shall be accomplished without introducing any twist in the hose and shall conform to the minimum bending radius of SAE 100, R2-type, high-pressure, steel-wire-reinforced, rubber-covered hydraulic hose specified in SAE J517.
(b) have a bursting strength sufficient to withstand not less than 10 times the working pressure (see Section 1.3). They shall be tested in the factory or in the field prior to installation at a pressure not less than 5 times the working pressure and shall be marked with the date and pressure of the test.
(c) conform to the requirements of SAE 100, R2-type hose specified in SAE J517 and be compatible with the fluid used.
(d) be nonreusable-type fittings.
(e) be permanently labeled/marked, indicating
(1) the name or trademark by which the manufacturer of the hose and fittings can be identified
(2) the type of hose and fitting
(3) the minimum factory test pressure
(4) the minimum bending radius of the hose
(5) the date of installation
(6) the inspection procedure
(7) the name of the elevator contractor