(A) Flexible Cords, Zones 1 and 2
- Be of a type listed for extra-hard usage.
- Contain, in addition to the conductors of the circuit, an equipment grounding conductor complying with 400.23.
- Be connected to terminals or to supply conductors in an approved manner.
- Be supported by clamps or by other suitable means in such a manner that there will be no tension on the terminal connections.
- Be terminated with a listed cord connector that maintains the type of protection where the flexible cord enters boxes, fittings, or enclosures that are required to be explosionproof or flameproof.
- Cord entering an increased safety "e" enclosure shall be terminated with a listed increased safety "e" cord connector.
Informational Note: See 400.10 for permitted uses of flexible cords.
Electric submersible pumps with means for removal without entering the wet-pit shall be considered portable utilization equipment. The extension of the flexible cord within a suitable raceway between the wet-pit and the power source shall be permitted.
Informational Note: See 505.18 for flexible cords exposed to liquids having a deleterious effect on the conductor insulation.