// CODE SNIPPET
702.1 Fitting and Fixture Consumption
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Fixtures shall comply with Table 702.1 and the following:
- For dwelling unit and guestroom shower compartments with a floor area of not greater than 2600 in2 (1.7 m2), the combined flow rate from shower water outlets that are capable of operating simultaneously including rain systems, waterfalls, body sprays and jets shall not exceed 2.0 gallons per minute (gpm) (7.6 L/min). Where the floor area of such shower compartments is greater than 2600 in2 (1.7 m2), the combined flow rate from simultaneously operating shower water outlets shall not exceed 2.0 gpm (7.6 L/min) for each additional 2600 in2 (1.7 m2) of floor area or portion thereof.
- In gang shower rooms, the combined flow rate from shower water outlets that are capable of operating simultaneously including rain systems, waterfalls, body sprays and jets shall not exceed 2.0 gpm (7.6 L/min) for every 1600 in2 (1.01 m2) or portion thereof of room floor area.
- In shower compartments required to comply with the requirements of Chapter 11 of the International Building Code, the combined flow rate from shower water outlets that are capable of operating simultaneously including rain systems, waterfalls, body sprays and jets shall not exceed 4.0 gpm (15.1 L/min) for every 2600 in2 (1.7 m2) or portion thereof of room floor area.
MAXIMUM FIXTURE AND FITTING FLOW RATES
FOR REDUCED WATER CONSUMPTION
|FIXTURE OR FIXTURE FITTING TYPE||MAXIMUM FLOW RATE|
|Showerheada||2.0 gpm and WaterSense labeled|
|Lavatory faucet and bar sink—private||1.5 gpm|
|Lavatory faucet—public (metered)||0.25 gpcb|
|Lavatory faucet—public (nonmetered)||0.5 gpm|
|Kitchen faucet—private||2.2 gpm|
|Kitchen and bar sink faucets in other |
than dwelling units and guestrooms
|Urinal||0.5 gpf and WaterSense labeled or nonwater urinal|
|Water closet—public and remotec||1.6 gpf|
|Water closet—public and nonremote||1.28 gpf averaged, e|
|Water closet-tank type, private||1.28 gpf and WaterSense labeledd|
|Water closet—flushometer type, private||1.28 gpfe|
|Prerinse spray valves||1.3 gpm|
|Drinking fountains (manual)||0.7 gpm|
|Drinking fountains (metered)||0.25 gpcb|
For SI: 1 foot = 304.8 mm, 1 gallon per cycle (gpc) = 3.8 Lpc, 1 gallon per flush (gpf) = 3.8 Lpf, 1 gallon per minute (gpm) = 3.8 Lpm.
- Includes hand showers, body sprays, rainfall panels and jets. Showerheads shall be supplied by automatic compensating valves that comply with ASSE 1016 or ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1 and that are specifically designed to function at the flow rate of the showerheads being used.
- Gallons per cycle of water volume discharged from each activation of a metered faucet.
- A remote water closet is a water closet located not less than 30 feet upstream of other drain line connections or fixtures and is located where less than 1.5 drainage fixture units are upstream of the drain line connection.
- The effective flush volume for a dual-flush water closet is defined as the composite, average flush volume of two reduced flushes and one full flush.
- In public settings, the maximum water use of a dual flush water closet is based solely on its full flush operation; not an average of full and reduced volume flushes.
Related Code Sections
702.1 Water Resource Conservation, Quality and Efficiency, Fitting and Fixture Consumption
FIXTURE AND FITTING FLOW RATES FOR REDUCED WATER CONSUMPTION FIXTURE OR FIXTURE FITTING TYPE MAXIMUM FLOW RATE Showerhead a 2.0 gpm ...
Green Construction Code 2012 of Maryland > 7 Water Resource Conservation, Quality and Efficiency > 702 Fixtures, Fittings, Equipment and Appliances > 702.1 Fitting and Fixture Consumption
604.4 Water Supply and Distribution, Maximum Flow and Water Consumption
The maximum water consumption flow rates and quantities for all plumbing fixtures and fixture fittings shall be in accordance with Table 604.4 ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Maryland > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 604 Design of Building Water Distribution System > 604.4 Maximum Flow and Water Consumption
412.1 Fixtures, Faucets and Fixture Fittings, Approval
Faucets and fixture fittings shall conform to ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1. Faucets and fixture fittings that supply drinking water for human ingestion ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Maryland > 4 Fixtures, Faucets and Fixture Fittings > 412 Faucets and Fixture Fittings > 412.1 Approval
424.1 Fixtures, Faucets and Fixture Fittings, Approval
Urinals shall conform to ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1, ASME A112.19.19 or CSA B45.5/IAPMO Z124. Urinals shall conform to the water consumption ...
Plumbing Code 2018 of Maryland > 4 Fixtures, Faucets and Fixture Fittings > 424 Urinals > 424.1 Approval