Fireblocking shall consist of the following materials:
- Two-inch (51 mm) nominal lumber.
- Two thicknesses of 1-inch (25 mm) nominal lumber with broken lap joints.
- One thickness of 0.719-inch (18.3 mm) wood structural panels with joints backed by 0.719-inch (18.3 mm) wood structural panels.
- One thickness of 0.75-inch (19.1 mm) particleboard with joints backed by 0.75-inch (19 mm) particle-board.
- One-half-inch (12.7 mm) gypsum board.
- One-fourth-inch (6.4 mm) cement-based millboard.
- Batts or blankets of mineral wool, mineral fiber or other approved materials installed in such a manner as to be securely retained in place.
- Cellulose insulation installed as tested for the specific application.
Loose-fill insulation material, insulating foam sealants and caulk materials shall not be used as a fireblock unless specifically tested in the form and manner intended for use to demonstrate its ability to remain in place and to retard the spread of fire and hot gases.
The integrity of fireblocks shall be maintained.