2303.2 Fire-Retardant-Treated Wood
In addition to the labels required in Section 2303.1.1 for sawn lumber and Section 2303.1.5 for wood structural panels, each piece of fire-retardant-treated lumber and wood structural panels shall be labeled. The label shall contain the following items:
- The identification mark of an approved agency in accordance with Section 1703.5.
- Identification of the treating manufacturer.
- The name of the fire-retardant treatment.
- The species of wood treated.
- Flame spread and smoke-developed index.
- Method of drying after treatment.
- Conformance with appropriate standards in accordance with Sections 2303.2.5 through 2303.2.8.
- For fire-retardant-treated wood exposed to weather, damp or wet locations, include the words "No increase in the listed classification when subjected to the Standard Rain Test" (ASTM D2898).