// CODE SNIPPET
34.5.4 Fire Organization
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
Arrangements shall be made to allow rapid entry into the premises by the municipal fire department, police department, or other authorized personnel in case of fire or other emergency.
Due to the unique nature of storage fires and the hazards associated with fighting such fires, facility emergency personnel shall be trained to have knowledge of the following:
- Pile and building collapse potential during fire-fighting and mop-up operations due to sprinkler water absorption, use of hose streams, and the undermining of piles by fire that is likely to cause material or piles to fall (especially roll tissue paper), resulting in injury
- Operation of sprinkler systems and water supply equipment
- Location of the controlling sprinkler valves so that the correct sprinkler system can be turned on or off as necessary
- Correct operation of emergency smoke and heat vent systems where they have been provided
- Use of material-handling equipment while sprinklers are operating to effect final extinguishment
- Procedure for summoning outside aid immediately in an emergency
- Maintenance of the security features of the premises
- Operation of foam systems, evacuation procedures, and safety precautions during all foam operations
Related Code Sections
34.5.4 General Storage, Fire Organization
Arrangements shall be made to allow rapid entry into the premises by the municipal fire department, police department, or other authorized personnel ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 34 General Storage > 34.5 General Fire Protection > 34.5.4 Fire Organization
§ 87-1-3 Reporting of Fire Incidents
The fire chief of any organized public fire brigade, department or company shall report every fire and non-fire incident to the State Fire Marshal ...
184.108.40.206.4.2 Fire Protection Systems,
are employed and qualified by an organization listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory for the servicing of fire protection systems ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 13 Fire Protection Systems > 13.4 Fire Pumps > 13.4.1 General > 220.127.116.11 Pump Operation > 18.104.22.168.4 Service Personnel Qualifications and Experience > 22.214.171.124.4.2
126.96.36.199.3.3 Fire Protection Systems,
Qualified personnel shall include, but not be limited to, one or more of the following: Personnel who are factory trained and certified for fire ...
Fire Code 2018 of West Virginia > 13 Fire Protection Systems > 13.4 Fire Pumps > 13.4.1 General > 188.8.131.52 Pump Operation > 184.108.40.206.3 System Installer > 220.127.116.11.3.3
(2) Special Conditions, Fire Protection for Feeders
with a minimum 2-hour fire rating. Informational Note: The listing organization provides information for electrical circuit protection systems on proper ...
National Electrical Code 2017 of West Virginia > 7 Special Conditions > 708 Critical Operations Power Systems (COPS) > 708.10 Feeder and Branch Circuit Wiring > (C) COPS Feeder Wiring Requirements > (2) Fire Protection for Feeders