// CODE SNIPPET
Section 917 Fire Department In-Building Auxiliary Radio Communication System (ARCS)
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
This section covers the design, installation and performance criteria of Fire Department In-Building Auxiliary Radio Communication System (ARCS). Where required to be installed by Section 403, Section 907, or the New York City Fire Code or where installed voluntarily, such systems shall be designed and installed in accordance with this section, NFPA 72 as modified in Appendix Q, the New York City Electrical Code and as per requirements set forth by the Fire Department.
Construction documents for ARCS shall be submitted for approval to the Fire Department prior to system installation. Construction documents shall include, but need not be limited to, all of the following:
- Type of radio equipment and antenna.
- Riser diagram and floor plans showing location of elements of the ARCS, including but not limited to building fire command center or fire alarm control panel, dedicated radio console, base station/s and all other critical system components such as antennas, amplifiers, cables as applicable.
- Legend of all ARCS symbols and abbreviations used.
- Location of primary and secondary power source.
- Specification and listing details for all equipment, devices and cables.