The location and accessibility of the fire command center shall be approved by the fire chief.
The room shall be not less than 200 square feet (19 m2) with a minimum dimension of 10 feet (3048 mm).
A layout of the fire command center and all features required by this section to be contained therein shall be submitted for approval prior to installation.
The fire command center shall comply with NFPA 72 and shall contain all of the following features:
- The emergency voice/alarm communication system control unit.
- The fire department communications system.
- Fire detection and alarm system annunciator.
- Annunciator unit visually indicating the location of the elevators and whether they are operational.
- Status indicators and controls for air distribution systems.
- The fire fighter's control panel required by Section 909.16 for smoke control systems installed in the building.
- Controls for unlocking interior exit stairway doors simultaneously.
- Sprinkler valve and waterflow detector display panels.
- Emergency and standby power status indicators.
- A telephone for fire department use with controlled access to the public telephone system.
- Fire pump status indicators.
- Schematic building plans indicating the typical floor plan and detailing the building core, means of egress, fire protection systems, fire fighter air replenishment system, fire-fighting equipment and fire department access and the location of fire walls, fire barriers, fire partitions, smoke barriers and smoke partitions.
- An approved Building Information Card that contains, but is not limited to, the following information:
- General building information that includes: property name, address, the number of floors in the building above and below grade, use and occupancy classification (for mixed uses, identify the different types of occupancies on each floor), and the estimated building population during the day, night and weekend.
- Building emergency contact information that includes: a list of the building's emergency contacts including but not limited to building manager and building engineer and their respective work phone number, cell phone number, e-mail address.
- Building construction information that includes: the type of building construction including but not limited to floors, walls, columns, and roof assembly.
- Exit access and exit stairway information that includes: number of exit access and exit stairways in the building, each exit access and exit stairway designation and floors served, location where each exit access and exit stairway discharges, interior exit stairways that are pressurized, exit stairways provided with emergency lighting, each exit stairway that allows reentry, exit stairways providing roof access; elevator information that includes: number of elevator banks, elevator bank designation, elevator car numbers and respective floors that they serve; location of elevator machine rooms, control rooms and control spaces; location of sky lobby, location of freight elevator banks.
- Building services and system information that includes: location of mechanical rooms, location of building management system, location and capacity of all fuel oil tanks, location of emergency generator, location of natural gas service.
- Fire protection system information that includes: location of standpipes, location of fire pump room, location of fire department connections, floors protected by automatic sprinklers, location of different types of automatic sprinkler systems installed including, but not limited to, dry, wet and pre-action.
- Hazardous material information that includes: location of hazardous material, quantity of hazardous material.
- Work table.
- Generator supervision devices, manual start and transfer features.
- Public address system, where specifically required by other sections of this code.
- Elevator fire recall switch in accordance with ASME A17.1/BSA 44.
- Elevator emergency or standby power selector switch(es), where emergency or standby power is provided.