This section has been amended at the state or city level.
Shop drawings for fire alarm systems shall be submitted for review and approval prior to system installation, and shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following where applicable to the system being installed:
- A floor plan that indicates the use of all rooms.
- Locations of alarm-initiating devices.
- Locations of alarm notification appliances, including candela ratings for visible alarm notification appliances.
- Design minimum audibility level for occupant notification.
- Location of fire alarm control unit, transponders and notification power supplies.
- Power connection.
- Battery calculations.
- Conductor type and sizes.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Manufacturers’ data sheets indicating model numbers and listing information for equipment, devices and materials.
- Details of ceiling height and construction.
- The interface of fire safety control functions.
- Classification of the supervising station.
- Electrical schematics showing the fire alarm system and all other information necessary to determine the correct methods of installation. Prior to the commencement of installation, the manufacturer and State Fire Marshal listing shall be included for all components of the system.
- Written sequence of operation describing, in detail, what is to occur upon activation of a system or device and how the system or device interfaces with other systems. Included in this written sequence of operation shall be all other information necessary to determine the operation which would be required for the type of occupancy.