[F] 907.1.2 Fire Alarm Shop Drawings
Shop drawings for fire alarm systems shall be submitted for review and approval prior to system installation, and shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following where applicable to the system being installed:
- A floor plan that indicates the use of all rooms.
- Locations of alarm-initiating devices.
- Locations of alarm notification appliances, including candela ratings for visible alarm notification appliances.
- Design minimum audibility level for occupant notification.
- Location of fire alarm control unit, transponders and notification power supplies.
- Power connection.
- Battery calculations.
- Conductor type and sizes.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Manufacturers' data sheets indicating model numbers and listing information for equipment, devices and materials.
- Details of ceiling height and construction.
- The interface of fire safety control functions.
- Classification of the supervising station.
- All plans and shop drawings shall use the symbols identified in NFPA 170, Standard for Fire Safety and Emergency Symbols.
Exception: Other symbols are allowed where approved by the enforcing agency.