// CODE SNIPPET
1309.8.9 Final Tie-In Test
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
After a final brazed connection in a positive pressure medical gas pipeline is made without a nitrogen purge, an outlet in the immediate downstream zone of the affected portion(s) of both the new and existing piping shall be tested in accordance with the final tie-in test in Section 1309.8.9(1) through Section 1309.8.9(6). [NFPA 99:22.214.171.124.5.11]
- Each joint in the final connection between the new work and the existing system shall be leak-tested with the gas of system designation at the normal operating pressure by means of a leak detectant that is safe for use with oxygen and does not contain ammonia. [NFPA 99:126.96.36.199.9.2]
- Vacuum joints shall be tested using an ultrasonic leak detector or other means that will allow detection of leaks in an active vacuum system. [NFPA 99:188.8.131.52.9.3]
- For pressure gases, immediately after the final brazed connection is made and leak-tested, an outlet in the new piping and an outlet in the existing piping that are immediately downstream from the point or area of intrusion shall be purged in accordance with the applicable requirements of Section 1309.8.9(4). [NFPA 99:184.108.40.206.9.4]
- In order to remove any traces of particulate matter deposited in the pipelines as a result of construction, a heavy, intermittent purging of the pipeline shall be done. [NFPA 99:220.127.116.11.6]
- Before the new work is used for patient care, positive pressure gases shall be tested for operational pressure and gas concentration in accordance with Section 1318.14 and Section 1318.15. [NFPA 99:18.104.22.168.9.5]
- Permanent records of these tests shall be maintained in accordance with NFPA 99. [NFPA 99:22.214.171.124.6]
Related Code Sections
1309.8.9 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems, Final Tie-In Test
zone of the affected portion(s) of both the new and existing piping shall be tested in accordance with the final tie-in test in Section 1309.8.9(1 ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 13 Health Care Facilities and Medical Gas and Medical Vacuum Systems > 1309.0 Joints and Connections > 1309.8 Nitrogen Purge > 1309.8.9 Final Tie-In Test
F 1201.7 Firefighter Breathing Air Replenishment Systems, Final Proof Test
The Authority Having Jurisdiction shall witness the filling of two empty 66 cubic foot (ft 3 ) (1.87 m 3 ) capacity SCBA cylinders in 3 minutes ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > F Firefighter Breathing Air Replenishment Systems > F 1201.0 System Acceptance and Certification > F 1201.7 Final Proof Test
612.7.2 Water Supply and Distribution, Final Inspection
Upon completion of the residential sprinkler system, the system shall be inspected. The following shall be verified during the final inspection ...
2018 Uniform Plumbing Code of Nevada > 6 Water Supply and Distribution > 612.0 Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems > 612.7 Inspection and Testing > 612.7.2 Final Inspection
1405.2.2 Process Piping, Final Piping Inspection
are so concealed. This inspection shall include a pressure test, at which time the piping shall stand a pressure of not less than one-and-one-half ...
2018 Uniform Mechanical Code of Nevada > 14 Process Piping > 1405.0 Inspections > 1405.2 Required Inspections > 1405.2.2 Final Piping Inspection
C408.2.5.4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency, Final Commissioning Report
A report of test procedures and results identified as "Final Commissioning Report" shall be delivered to the building owner and shall include ...
Energy Conservation Code 2012 of Nevada > 4 [CE] Commercial Energy Efficiency > C408 System Commissioning > C408.2 Mechanical Systems Commissioning and Completion Requirements > C408.2.5 Documentation Requirements > C408.2.5.4 Final Commissioning Report