1. be made of water-resistant materials manufactured for that intended use;
2. be installed according to the manufacturer’s installation instructions;
3. comply with either ASTM C578 or C1029, as applicable;
4. be covered with a 6-mil polyethylene slip sheet over the entire exterior surface; and
5. have a rigid, opaque, and weather-resistant protective covering to prevent degradation of the insulation’s thermal performance. The protective covering shall cover the exposed exterior insulation and extend a minimum of 6 inches (152 mm) below grade. The insulation and protective covering system shall be flashed in accordance with IRC Section R703.8 .