// CODE SNIPPET
R703.9.2 Exterior Insulation and Finish System (EIFS) With Drainage
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
EIFS with drainage shall comply with the following:
- ASTM E2568.
- EIFS with drainage shall be required over all wall assemblies with the exception of substrates of concrete or masonry wall assemblies.
- EIFS with drainage shall have an average minimum drainage efficiency of 90 percent when tested in accordance with ASTM E2273.
- The water-resistive barrier shall comply with Section R703.2 or ASTM E2570.
- The water-resistive barrier shall be applied between the EIFS and the wall sheathing.
- Flashing of EIFS with drainage shall be provided in accordance with the requirements of Section R703.4.
- EIFS with drainage shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- EIFS with drainage shall terminate not less than 6 inches (152 mm) above the finished ground level.
- Decorative trim shall not be face-nailed through the EIFS with drainage.