// CODE SNIPPET
§116-01 Expeditor Registration
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
(a) Scope. This section sets forth standards, requirements and procedures for the registration of expeditors pursuant to FC116.
(b) General Provisions.
(1) General requirements. Expeditors shall register in compliance with the requirements of FC116 and this section.
(2) Time for registration. Expeditors shall register at least two (2) weeks prior to engaging in expediting activities regulated by FC116.
(3) Change of contact information. All registrants are required to promptly notify the Department of any change in the registrant's address, telephone number and other contact information, and such other information as the Department may require.
(c) Registration Standards. The Department will register an expeditor for the purposes of FC116 where the expeditor possesses and satisfactorily demonstrates to the Department that he or she possesses the integrity and fitness to engage in the submission, filing, requesting, negotiating or otherwise seeking approval of applications for issuance of permits, design and installation documents and other Department approvals, given that such approvals affect public safety.
(d) Registration Requirements.
(1) Registration forms and information. Information relating to expeditor registration requirements and procedures, including registration forms, may be obtained from the Department's web site, www.nyc.gov/fdny, and from the Licensing Unit of the Bureau of Fire Prevention, Fire Department Headquarters, 9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201-3857.
(2) Submission. Expeditor registrations shall be filed in person with the Licensing Unit of the Bureau of Fire Prevention. Renewal registrations may be filed in person or by mail, except as may be otherwise specified by the Department.
(3) Incomplete registration forms. The Department reserves the right not to accept for filing any registration form that is incomplete or otherwise deficient, including any registration form that is submitted without the required supporting documentation or registration fee. The Department will provide an expeditor notice of any registration that is not accepted, and, except for registrations determined to be fraudulent, shall afford the expeditor a reasonable time to correct or supplement such registration. Original registration forms not corrected or supplemented within 30 days of being notified will be deemed abandoned.
(4) Identification. Expeditors seeking to file an original registration form shall provide two (2) pieces of picture identification satisfactory to the Department, such as a driver's license, passport or employee identification card. The Department reserves the right to require additional identification.
(5) Photographs. All expeditors filing an original registration form will be photographed by the Department for identification purposes. The Department may require an expeditor filing for renewal of their registration to report to the Department to be photographed. Failure to comply with such a notice constitutes grounds for non-renewal of the registration. In lieu of, or in addition to, such photographs, the Department may require submission of two passport-size photographs in connection with an original or renewal registration form.
(6) Fees. Expeditor registration fees shall be as set forth in FC Appendix A or the rules. Except as otherwise authorized by the Department, fees shall be paid in cash, check or money order payable to the "New York City Fire Department."
(7) Expeditor registrants delinquent on child support payments. In accordance with the United States Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. § 666(a)(13), and New York State General Obligations Law §3-503, expeditor registrations will be reviewed for compliance with child support obligations and will be denied when required by such laws when the registrant has been identified by the Office of Child Support Enforcement of the New York City Human Resources Administration (or any successor agency) as delinquent on child support payments. Expeditors will be required to disclose their social security numbers on their registration forms for purposes of such review.
(8) Original registrations. Expeditors seeking to register with the Department shall submit the following information and documentation, and such other information and documentation as the Department may require:
(A) A resume or other documentation indicating prior experience as an expeditor in connection with matters before the Department or other federal, state or local governments, including the names and addresses of any employers;
(B) A list of all federal, state, or local licenses or certificates issued to such company, its principals or officers, in the five-year period prior to the date of filing, that authorize the expeditor to engage in a profession, business or other regulated activity. A copy of each such license and certificate shall be included with the registration; and
(C) A copy of any and all violations, judgments, convictions and penalties issued to or entered against the registrant in the five-year period prior the date of filing, in connection with his or her expediting business and activity, any business or activity regulated by the Department, or the offering or receiving of a bribe or unlawful gratuity. A copy of the charges, pleadings, adjudications and certificates of disposition from any such civil or criminal proceeding shall be included with the application.
(9) Renewal registrations. Renewal applications shall disclose any changes in the company's principals and managers; disclose any violations, judgments, criminal convictions and penalties since the last date of registration; and include a copy of all current licenses and certificates.
(e) Misconduct. In addition to any other penalties provided by law, misconduct on the part of an expeditor shall be grounds for non-acceptance, non-renewal, suspension or revocation of registration. Such misconduct includes, but is not limited to:
(1) any false or fraudulent conduct in connection with registration as an expeditor, including:
(A) any false or fraudulent statement or submission; and
(B) any unauthorized alteration or use of a certificate or possession of any fraudulent certificate;
(2) any false or fraudulent conduct in connection with an application for a permit, approval of a design or installation document, or other Department approval, including but not limited to:
(A) any false statement or submission;
(B) knowingly or negligently misleading or failing to disclose facts material to the determination of any such application;
(C) impersonating another or allowing oneself to be impersonated.
(3) the destruction or removal from Department premises of official Department records or other Department property;
(4) the offer or receipt of a bribe or unlawful gratuity, or any other unlawful conduct that bears on the integrity of the expeditor;
(5) the failure to report any conviction of a criminal offense relating to false or fraudulent submissions to any governmental agency, the offering or receiving of a bribe or unlawful gratuity, or in connection with the registrant's expediting business or activity;
(6) the provision of assistance or other participation in the misconduct of any other individual, including individuals exempt from expeditor registration requirements pursuant to FC116.1, in relation to any application to, or other dealings with, the Department; and
(7) the failure to promptly notify the Department of any change in the registrant's contact information, or an other notification required pursuant to R116-01(b)(2).
Related Code Sections
*§28-317.3 Maintenance of Buildings, Registration
All owners of cooling towers shall register such towers with the department prior to initial operation in a form and manner as required ...
NYC General Admin. Provisions 2014 > 3 Maintenance of Buildings > *317 Cooling Towers > *§28-317.3 Registration
2702.1.6 Electrical, Registration
Fuel-burning equipment for an emergency or standby power system shall be registered with the Department of Environmental Protection in accordance ...
NYC Building Code 2014 > 27 Electrical > 2702 Emergency and Standby Power Systems > 2702.1 Installation > 2702.1.6 Registration
§27-396.5 Means of Egress, Registration
Emergency power generation equipment shall be registered with the department of environmental protection, bureau of air resources in accordance ...
*§28-424.2 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work, Registration Required
Eighteen months after the department has established the requirements for the department-approved training course for lift directors as set ...
NYC General Admin. Provisions 2014 > 4 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work > *424 Lift Director Registration > *§28-424.2 Registration Required
§28-409.4 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work, Registration Card
The registration card shall clearly state: "This registration is NOT A LICENSE, and the holder is NOT AUTHORIZED TO PERFORM PLUMBING WORK in New York ...
NYC General Admin. Provisions 2008 > 4 Licensing and Registration of Businesses, Trades and Occupations Engaged in Building Work > 409 Journeyman Plumber Registration > §28-409.4 Registration Card