2. Group R-3 occupancy buildings shall be permitted to have one exit.
3. Parking garages where vehicles are mechanically parked shall be permitted to have one exit.
6. Group R-3 and R-4 congregate residences shall be permitted to have one exit.
7.3 . All spaces within each portion of a story shall have access to the minimum number of approved independent exits based on the occupant load of that portion of the story, but not less than two exits.
|STORY||OCCUPANCY||MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DWELLING |
|MAXIMUM EXIT ACCESS TRAVEL |
|Basement, first, second or third story||R-2a, b||4 dwelling units||125 feet|
|Fourth story and above||NP||NA||NA|
|STORY||OCCUPANCY||MAXIMUM OCCUPANTS PER STORY||MAXIMUM EXIT ACCESS TRAVEL |
|First story or basement||A, Bb, E, Fb, M, U, Sb||49 occupants||75 feet|
|H-2, H-3||3 occupants||25 feet|
|H-4, H-5, I, R-1, |
|10 occupants||75 feet|
|S||29 occupants||100 feet|
|Second story||B, F, M, S||29 occupants||75 feet|
|Third story and above||NP||NA||NA|
Where one exit, or exit access stairway or ramp providing access to exits at other stories, is permitted to serve individual stories, mixed occupancies shall be permitted to be served by single exits provided each individual occupancy complies with the applicable requirements of Table 1021.2(1) or Table 1021.2(2) for that occupancy. Where applicable, cumulative occupant loads from adjacent occupancies shall be considered in accordance with the provisions of Section 1004.1.
- The dwelling unit complies with Section 1015.1 as a space with one means of egress and
- Either the exit from the dwelling unit discharges directly to the exterior at the level of exit discharge, or the exit access outside the dwelling unit's entrance door provides access to not less than two approved independent exits.