1015.1 Exit or Exit Access Doorways Required From Spaces
- The occupant load of the space exceeds the values in Table 1015.1.
- Group R-2 and R-3 occupancies, one means of egress is permitted within and from individual dwelling units with a maximum occupant load of 20 where the dwelling unit is equipped throughout with an automatic sprinkler system in accordance with Section 903.3.1.1.or 903.3.1.2.
- Care suites in Group I-2 occupancies complying with Section 407.4.3.
- The common path of egress travel exceeds the limitations of Section 1014.3.
- Where required by Sections 1015.3, 1015.4, 1015.5, and 1015.6.
- When located in buildings used for educational purposes, laboratories and prep rooms that exceed 500 square feet in area and contain hazardous materials.
Where a building contains mixed occupancies, each individual occupancy shall comply with the applicable requirements for that occupancy. Where applicable, cumulative occupant loads from adjacent occupancies shall be considered in accordance with the provisions of Section 1004.1.
|OCCUPANCY||MAXIMUM OCCUPANT LOAD|
|A, B, E, F, M, U||49|
|H-1, H-2, H-3||3|
|H-4, H-5, I-1, I-2, I-3, I-4, R||10|