A grading permit shall not be required for the following:
- Grading in an isolated, self-contained area, provided there is no danger to the public, and that such grading will not adversely affect adjoining properties.
- Excavation for construction of a structure permitted under this code.
- Cemetery graves.
- Refuse disposal sites controlled by other regulations.
- Excavations for wells, or trenches for utilities.
- Mining, quarrying, excavating, processing or stockpiling rock, sand, gravel, aggregate or clay controlled by other regulations, provided such operations do not affect the lateral support of, or significantly increase stresses in, soil on adjoining properties.
- Exploratory excavations performed under the direction of a registered design professional.