// CODE SNIPPET
Section 1005 Exempt Signs
JUMP TO FULL CODE CHAPTER
The following signs shall be exempt from the provisions of this chapter. No sign shall be exempt from Section 1004.4.
- Official notices authorized by a court, public body or public safety official.
- Directional, warning or information signs authorized by federal, state or municipal governments.
- Memorial plaques, building identification signs and building cornerstones when cut or carved into a masonry surface or when made of noncombustible material and made an integral part of the building or structure.
- The flag of a government or noncommercial institution, such as a school.
- Religious symbols and seasonal decorations within the appropriate public holiday season.
- Works of fine art displayed in conjunction with a commercial enterprise where the enterprise does not receive direct commercial gain.
- Street address signs and combination nameplate and street address signs that contain no advertising copy and which do not exceed 6 square feet (0.56 m2) in area.