10-104 Exceptional Designs
Note: See Section 10-109 for approval of calculation methods and Alternative Component Packages.
- That the design cannot be adequately modeled with an approved calculation method;
- Using an alternative evaluation technique, that the design complies with Part 6; and
- That the enforcement agency has determined that the design complies with all other legal requirements.
- A copy of the plans and documentation required by Section 10-103(a)2;
- A statement explaining why meeting the energy budget cannot be demonstrated using an approved calculation method;
- Meeting the energy budget requirements cannot be demonstrated using an approved calculation method; and
- The design complies with all other legal requirements; and
- A detailed evaluation of the energy consumption of the proposed building and the building's materials, components, and manufactured devices proposed to be installed to meet the requirements of Part 6 using an alternative evaluation technique. The evaluation shall include a copy of the technique, instructions for its use, a list of all input data, and all other information required to replicate the results.
Authority: Sections 25402 and 25402.1, Public Resources Code.
Reference: Sections 25007, 25008, 25218.5, 25310, 25402, 25402.1, 25402.4, 25402.5, 25402.8 and 25943, Public Resources Code.
- New section filed 12-27-84; designated effective 1-1-85 pursuant to Government Code Section 11346.2 (d) (Register 84, No. 52).
- (CEC 1/92) Regular order by the California Energy Commission to amend Section 10-104, Part 1, Title 24, California Code of Regulations. Filed with the secretary of state June 12, 1992; publication date July 15, 1992; effective 30 days thereafter. Approved as a regular order by the California Building Standards Commission on June 8, 1992.