Section J106 Excavations
The slope of cut surfaces shall be no steeper than is safe for the intended use, and shall be not more than one unit vertical in two units horizontal (50-percent slope) unless the owner or the owner's authorized agent furnishes a geotechnical report justifying a steeper slope.
- 1.1. It is not intended to support structures or surcharges.
- 1.2. It is adequately protected against erosion.
- 1.3. It is no more than 8 feet (2438 mm) in height.
- 1.4. It is approved by the building code official.
- 1.5. Ground water is not encountered.
- A cut surface in bedrock shall be permitted to be at a slope of one unit horizontal to one unit vertical (100-percent slope).